Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I'm still in that lovely watching films, eating chocolate haze but I have been working this week on a post all about creating your own DIY New Years Eve decorations, perfect if you are having a party or even just a quiet night in. I got all my diy supplies from my fave store Hobbycraft at The Brewery Shopping centre where there is a HUGE store! I had such a fun time buying up supplies and planning my diy's. I've gone with a black, gold and pink theme for my 5 Diy New Years Eve decorations and party props but you can pick any colour scheme you want.
These DIY New Years Eve decorations use a lot of the same materials so I've put a master kit list at the bottom of this post with links to everything I used.
DIY GOLD BOTTLE DISPLAY
You will need
EMPTY BOTTLES | GOLD SPRAY PAINT | STICKS | 3D LETTERS OR CARD | CURLING RIBBON
I spotted this diy on Pinterest from Vicky Barones blog and had to try it. This is a great way to reuse your empty's from Christmas and its good to have a selection of bottle shapes too so get drinking up that cava.
- Give your bottles a good wash in soapy water and remove all labels and dry.
- If you are using 3d numbers attach to the sticks by creating a hole in the bottom and sticking in the stick. Fix with some glue. Alternatively cut the numbers out of gold sparkly card and glue to your sticks.
- Spray all your bottles and numbers in gold spray paint using thin even coats. Allow to dry.
- Curl some ribbon using scissors and tie around the top of either the bottle neck or the stick just below the number.
- Arrange the bottles with the numbers in and the ribbon danging down.
Use as a centre piece for your dining table or on your drinks table. You could also add glitter to your numbers and bottles too if you liked.
GOLD AND BLACK NEW YEARS BANNER
YOU WILL NEED
COLOURED AND PATTERNED CARD | SCISSORS | GLUE | STRING
- Start by cutting your banner pennant shapes out of alternating card types, I'm using white and black with gold accents.
- I've decorated the plain white pennant with a gold sharpie zig zag design and for the spotty design I spray mounted spotty wrapping paper onto plain card.
- Cut the letters and numbers out of gold sparkly card and glue onto the banner pennants.
- Score the top and fold over for your string to run behind. Either use glue or double sided tape to attach leaving excess string to hang.
Hang your banner over your party table or across a doorway for New Years Eve.
DIY Tissue paper Tassel garland
YOU WILL NEED
TISSUE PAPER | STRING | SCISSORS
- Start with half a sheet of tissue paper and fold it in half.
- Cut into equal strips stopping about 10cm from the fold
- Unfold the paper and smooth out strips
- Starting from the bottom roll the paper up careful to not tangle the strips
- Twist the centre tightly
- Then fold in half and twist again into a loop. Use glue to secure it.
- Run the string through the loops and use glue to fix each tassel in a position.
Hang up over your party table either on its own or with the banner above.
DIY New Years eve party hats
YOU WILL NEED
CARD | SCISSORS | DOUBLE SIDED TAPE | POM POMS | GLITTER DECORATIONS | SHARPIE MARKERS
- Start by making a template for your hat using a large plate to cut out a semi circle.
- Use the template to cut out black, pink and white card hats.
- Use the sharpie markers to decorate the hats with text, shapes or simple dots.
- Put double sided tape along one edge and fold the hat round into a cone and stick.
- Attach pom poms and glitter decorations to the hats with glue.
You can either add elastic to these hats to wear them at your New Years Eve party or use as quirky place settings on your dinner table.
DIY photo booth props for new years eve
YOU WILL NEED
CARD AND PAPER | STICKS | GLUE | SCISSORS | GOLD SHARPIE
- Start by drawing out your designs. I found these fab free printables on Kensiekate which I used for mine. I did draw them slightly larger than the template.
- Decorate your designs with the gold sharpie or add embellishments with the gold sparkly card and I used pinking shears.
- Use glue or tape to attach your sticks to the back.
Use your props to create your own New Years Eve photobooth and even use your tassel garland and Happy New Year banner as a backdrop.
Hope you've enjoyed my 5 DIY New Years Eve Decorations post. Which is your fave? Will you be making any of these for your New Years Eve Party?
Here's my whole kit list all of which you'll also find instore in Hobbycraft at The Brewery Romford.
This post is a sponsored post in collaboration with The Brewery Centre Romford and may also contain PR Samples & gifted items but all images and opinions are as always mine.
It may also contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.