I own so many biker jackets. They are the most versatile piece of clothing and one that is so easy to wear with dresses, jeans and for daytime or night. I realised although my love for the biker had lasted strong through every season for the last few years I actually didn't own a real leather version. With genuine proof that I love this item of clothing it became clear that it was time to invest in a high quality version of it. Here's my thoughts why I believe everyone should invest in a real leather jacket.
Unlike other new items once you've worn them a few times they look worn and scruffy, a real leather jacket only gets better with age. This La Redoute biker jacket is gorgeous right now but imagine in it a few years when the leather has softened and worn it will look amazing and have a real vintage vibe to it.
I love the biker shape and I think it styles up so easy. Black is a classic and versatile colour and although Spring is going to see pastel coloured jackets all over the High Street for a real leather investment stick to classic colours like black, grey or tan.
I've sized to my exact size for this jacket so I can fit chunky jumpers under it in winter but it still has a nipped in shape. Leather jackets should fit neatly and nipped in so choose either your size or a size down unless you really want that over sized look. On the whole I don't ever wear my biker jackets zipped up so its not essential that they can, I much prefer a open jacket look. Top tip - to check your jacket is not too tight make sure you can raise your arms above your head easily!
There are so many reasons to make the leap to invest in a real leather jacket and here are my top 5.
1. It will go with EVERYTHING!! From daytime looks with jeans or joggers to teaming it with your fave little black dress you'll be able to chuck this on with anything.
2. Its perfect for layering. From adding to an outfit on a chilly summer night or layering it under your Winter coat the biker will serve you the whole year through.
3. It will never go out of style. Yes ok shapes will change but the classic black biker jacket will always be classic.
4. It will get better with age unlike so many other pieces.
5. It adds some edge to any outfit. A biker jacket will toughen up any outfit and give you that rock vibe even if your wearing it with cute florals.
Here are my pick of some of the best real leather jackets to invest in right now also check out my Pinterest board for ideas of styling biker jackets too.
This post may also contain PR Samples or gifted items. It may also contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.